- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
IET Designer's Guide to Energy Efficient Electrical Installations
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)||Paperback|
|Brand / Publisher||IET|
The IEE (Institution of Electrical Engineers) and the IIE (Institution of Incorporated Engineers) joined together in 2006 to form the IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology).
All titles published previously by the IEE and IIE are now published by the IET (where applicable)
BS 7671 has always been about capacity, safety and control of electrical installations. Could energy efficiency negate that?
The Harmonised Document, IEC 60364-8-1 Low Voltage electrical installations Part 8-1: Energy Efficiency, respects the emphasis of safety and operational control in the first instance. It also, however, requires energy efficient electrical installation designs.
Using IEC 60364-8-1 as a point of reference, the Designer's Guide to Energy Efficient Electrical Installations:
- Prepares users for meeting the new challenges and opportunities presented by energy efficiency
- Explains the areas likely to be incorporated into BS 7671 and how this will affect electrical installations in the UK
- Keeps designers ahead of the game when designing future installations
- Looks at energy efficiency in a holistic fashion and examines the potential issues caused by just focusing on one or two specific areas
- Explains the responsibilities of designers and clients in ensuring an energy efficient electrical design