- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)||A4|
|Brand / Publisher||BSI|
What is this standard about?
It gives recommendations for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of voice alarm systems which automatically broadcast speech or warning tones, in response to signals from their associated fire detection and fire alarm systems.
NOTE: The fire detection and fire alarm systems themselves are covered by BS 5839-1.
Who is this standard for?
- Designers, manufacturers and suppliers of voice alarm systems
- Architects and other building professionals
- The fire/health and safety industries
- Regulators and inspectors
- Installers and others responsible for implementing fire precautions in domestic premises
Why should you use this standard?
BS 5839-8 is part of an extensive series of fire detection standards. It gives the latest guidelines and specifications relating to specific voice alarm systems and its overall purpose is to help save lives.
This part of the standard includes systems that involve a manual facility for the transmission of live voice messages as well as automatically generated messages for emergency purposes.
What's changed since the last update?
- This is the third edition of BS 5839 it has been revised and updated by experts to provide the most relevant guidelines and requirements
- The latest technological developments have been taken into consideration to align with best practice in the fire protection industry