- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 Health and safety for design and technology in educational and similar establishments. Code of practice
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)||Paperback|
|Brand / Publisher||BSI|
What is BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 - Health and safety for design and technology about?
This well-established and widely used British Standard supplies comprehensive guidance on health and safety in design and technology facilities in educational settings. BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 is the latest amended version of the standard.
Who is BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 - Health and safety for design and technology for?
- Secondary schools
- Further education institutes
- Local authorities
- Teacher training establishments
- Manufacturers/distributors of machinery for use in educational establishments
- Architects/designers of educational buildings
What does BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 - Health and safety for design and technology cover?
BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 provides recommendations and comprehensive guidance to whomever is responsible for planning services, equipment and machinery in design and technology facilities in all types of educational establishments.
Its recommendations cover the supply and safe use of equipment, machine tools and materials and chemicals, as well as personal protection and safety management, with particular reference to the hazards involved.
Design and technology facilities include all teaching areas and preparation areas where materials are manipulated and processed, equipment is used and design and/or manufacturing takes place, e.g. food, catering, textiles, graphics, electronics, technology, craft, engineering, manufacturing, woodworking of all types, vocational workshops, motor vehicle workshops and computer areas.
Why should you use BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 - Health and safety for design and technology?
- It contributes to the prevention of accidents and dangerous occurrences in the design and technology areas of educational establishments
- It’s the only standard that ties together all current H&S legislation, Codes of Practice and Guidance into one easily read and understood document
- It supports the quality-assured training and accreditation scheme run by the Design and Technology Association (D&T)
- It assures employers that their employees are appropriately trained in accordance with H&S legislation
- It can develop teachers’ H&S expertise and risk management
- This amendment ensures that BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 is up to date
What’s new about BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 - Health and safety for design and technology?
This is an amendment of BS 4163:2021. In BS 4163:2021+A1:2022:
- The Workplace Exposure Limit (WEL) in respect of exposure by inhalation to wood dust has been changed
- Guidance on the use of hot melt glue guns is added
BS 4163:2021+A1:2022 contributes to UN Sustainable Development Goal 3 on ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being for all at all ages.