BS EN 60204-1:2006+A1:2009 Safety of machinery. Electrical equipment of machines. General requirements
Details: A4, 130 pages.List Price (RRP): £294.00 (No VAT Payable)Save £73.50 with our 25% online discountOur Online Price: £220.50
Stock status: In stock (1 remaining)
Publication date: 30/06/2006
Publisher: British Standards Institute (BSI)
Publication Status: Active
BS EN 60204-1:2006 + Amendment1:2009 Safety of machinery. Electrical equipment of machines. General requirements
What is it?
BS EN 60204-1 gives safety guidance and recommendations on electrical equipment for machinery. This includes safety requirements for electrical, electronic and computer controlled equipment and systems for machines – but excludes power circuits where electricity is used directly as a working tool. These electrical equipment regulations only refer to non-portable machines designed to operate in conjunction with other machinery. BS EN 60204-1 gives specific instructions for the safe maintenance of the point where electrical or electronic equipment connects to the machine. And these instructions only refer to machinery that operates with nominal supply voltages below 1,000V for alternating current or 1,500V for direct current, or with nominal supply frequencies below 200 Hz.
How does it work?
BS EN 60204-1 introduces the standard, explains how to meet the recommendations and outlines terminology for electrical equipment safety. The guidelines also cover control circuits and control functions, wiring practices and protection against electrical shock, how to maintain safety standards and essential requirements for EC Directives. BS EN 6024-1 aims to help you protect the people and property from hazards presented by the electrical or electronic equipment for machinery outlined above.
This standard does not cover all safety requirements for preventing electrical hazards, such as guarding, interlocking or control. BS EN 60204-1 does not include guidance on machinery designed for outdoor use, in mines and in flammable atmospheres, machinery that produces explosive material or machinery that operates as a sewing machine.
Who should buy it?
- Health and safety managers
- Those working with electrical, electronic or computer controlled equipment for machinery.
BS EN 60204-1:2006 + Amendment1:2009 replaces BS EN 60204-1:1998 and IEC 60204-1:1997 and includes amendments to the implementation and withdrawal dates of these standards. It also includes information about relevant international and European standards.
Contents of BS EN 60204-1:
- Normative references
- General requirements
- Incoming supply conductor terminations and devices for disconnecting and switching off
- Protection against electric shock
- Protection of equipment
- Equipotential bonding
- Control circuits and control functions
- Operator interface and machine-mounted control devices
- Controlgear: location, mounting, and enclosures
- Conductors and cables
- Wiring practices
- Electric motors and associated equipment
- Accessories and lighting
- Marking, warning signs and reference designations
- Technical documentation
- Protection against indirect contact in TN-systems
- Enquiry form for the electrical equipment of machines
- Examples of machines covered by this part of IEC 60204
- Current-carrying capacity and overcurrent protection of conductors and cables in the electrical equipment of machines
- Explanation of emergency operation functions
- Guide for the use of this part of IEC 60204
- Comparison of typical conductor cross-sectional areas
- Normative references to international publications with their corresponding European publications
- Coverage of Essential Requirements of EC Directives